Monday, July 09, 2007

the Vegan's menu

Food is to be celebrated. Not only do I enjoy db's cooking and my small contributions, but I enjoy the efforts we put into making our food organic, tasty and visually pleasing. It's very rewarding when we sit down to enjoy our meals and for us it's a mini event. Even when we have very little energy at the end of the day we can always throw a big salad together with "lots of stuff in it" or a quick pasta with a simple tomato sauce cooked up. Furthermore, knowing that our meals are vegan makes it all the more rewarding for me because I know how well we are eating without the "staples" of the North American diet (meat, dairy and eggs). As a runner it's also my fuel so I am aware of what I'm consuming and how that affects the next days run.

Sunday's menu:

Pasta: mushroom tomato sauce on spaghetti
(topped with hemp seeds for me and reggiano for db)

Salad: bird food, lettuce leaf salad (I'm calling it this because db referred to the sunflower seeds as bird food, which is true I suppose)

Red wine: bracciarolo

Chocolate: Denman Island chocolate mint.


2 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Yum!!

redjane Stephanie Belding said...

OOOooooooooh, yummy- I second WC!