Sunday, July 15, 2007

recovery

Tough run today. My anticipated 15 k run turned into a 7 k run, walk, run, walk, walk some more, walk home loop. My legs just couldn't do it today. The last thing coach (db) said to me before I left was "don't push it", referring to my injured knee. I put a tensor on and the knee felt okay. I ran along Hoy who-creek trail to run on a softer surface, but my legs were just too tired to get into a rhythm or push me further. After two days of biking to and from work plus all the walking I did at work just added up to my body wanted to rest. No matter how hard I tried to cope mentally, I couldn't force my body to do what it didn't want to do. Then I remember what db said and I walked the last little bit home. I'm glad I planned a loop route so I was headed home when I called it quits.

Now that I've refuelled (fresh bread from the oven) and stretched, I'm going to go out in the garden and tend to the thirsty plants. Whoville was promised rain today, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. The sun is out and it's a bit humid so I'd better water the poor little guys outside.


No comments: