Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Have you see this cat?


This is Ruggles. Ruggles of Red Gap as I sometimes call him. My sis sent this photo. I'm not sure if he's cleaning or licking his chops or what? I wonder...

He's one of the cast of characters that makes up the gang now living in Montreal. I miss them all. Sometimes I feel like the family has been split up. Even though our three girls here didn't really mix with my sister's crew when we shared the house, D, Sis and I saw all the kitties all the time. We looked after each others cats while away or just to help each other out through those stressful vet visits.

Ruggles has certainly blossomed into his own. He was so fearful of the other cats when he arrived and sis kept him in the guest room for a while where Ruggles was quite happy getting special attention. We use to call it the "Ruggles Reading Room" because there was a bookcase and whenever I went in to spend time with Ruggie he would be played with and fed and fussed over, but eventually I'd pull a book off the shelf and start reading while Ruggie and I lounged on the bed. Sis did the same thing.

Now Ruggles mixes with the others like an equal. Rupert still chases him since his role as the "baby" was disrupted when Ruggles moved in, but overall it's pretty good.

***
Primavera (Suprima as we also call her since she thinks she's top cat here) is at the vet today. She's got some dental work to be done. Her gums at the back are quite red and puffy and the vet says she made need one and possibly two extractions. Poor Prima. Anywho...I'll pick her up later today with the rental car. She seemed to really enjoy the car ride this morning which was quite the opposite reaction I expected. She panicked on the plane when we flew out here and did circles in her Sherpa bag. D. was with her so that was good, but she didn't make that trip well. Understandably so. In the car though she settled down in her Sherpa bag and looked towards the windshield, catching birds flying by and was quite fascinated when I turned on the windshield wipers to clear away the morning dew.

Hopefully all will go well with the surgery.



3 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

I hope the surgery goes well, too. One of the cats I fostered in Ottawa, Sarah, had 8 teeth removed the day she came to me. They had all rotted out. The extractions affected her eating and she had a bit of a drool. I hope Primavera isn't having that many extracted!

redjane Stephanie Belding said...

Oh, Ruggie! I miss those guys too- and all of you as well! must get out to visit, it's been too long.

sp said...

Anytime you want to visit red jane, you're always welcome.

WC, she only had two teeth extracted. My sister's cat had most of his teeth removed (Ruggie) and he's doing great.