Friday, April 13, 2007

A new plot





























All right I've calmed down since the landscapers came and went. This is what we've got to work with now.


I know it's hard to tell what's going on here as in an overall view, but this is only one side of the backyard. I took the photos from the lawn that will remain, but what you see is where we'll garden.

The two tree stumps are going to be removed (not by us, but rather someone competent) and there's a third one not shown that will also be taken out. The stone that is part of the "wall" will be ours to use for whatever (pathways, sitting area...) and they are going to install another retaining wall. I suggested to deb. that they do a two level wall so there'd be one ledge for planting followed by more wall and then more planting above that. She seemed to like the idea. I hope they go for it.

I guess I'm looking for suggestions. It's a completely shaded yard so think hostas and bleeding hearts sort of thing.





2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

For my yard, I measured everything out and made a scale drawing on vellum, and included everything that was not 'on the table' to change or move. With another sheet of vellum on top, I'm sketching out ideas and possible plans....

sp said...

That's a great idea. I don't know what vellum is, but I'll look it up. I think that might be a good use of my time on my day off tomorrow. Thanks.