Monday, May 14, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged by Red so here goes:

Available or single: I wish I'd known there was a difference when i was "available" or "single". Married, paired, partnered.


Best friend: D.

Cake or pie: Depends on the flavour. How about sis's vegan cheesecake which is both cake and pie. It's unbelievably good. Vegans, and non-vegans all rave over her cheesecake. Hmm. time to get that recipe.

Drink of choice: I'll have to say smoothie overall. (wait have I done this before?). My favorite smoothie recipe: 1 banana, 3 tbls of my hemp protein powder, 3/4 cup or more of my favorite juice (usually berry in nature), 1 kiwi, a splash of flax seed oil. Everything goes into the blender and then into my belly.

Essential item: Running shoes. They don't really go with the more glamourous clothes, but then neither do I.

Favourite colour: I love green, but I seem to wear a lot of blue. Curious.

Gummi Bears or Worms: worms, as in earth worms for the garden. (I have done this before haven't I?)

Hometown: Saint John, N.B. I really grew up in Grand Bay, but we also lived in Saint John and it was really central to my life growing up.

Indulgence: soy-whip

January or February: February brings me closer to summer.

Kids: Yeah, kids are okay. I worked with kids for a few years. I have cats though.

Life is incomplete without: writing

Marriage date: April 19, 1999

Number of siblings: 2 (as far as I know. Mom? Dad?) I have an older sister and and older brother. I'd say I have a potential step-sister as well just because P. is more like my dad than my dad and his daughter and I share the same birthday which I think is very very cool.

Oranges or apples: Apples. Raw, tossed in salads, apple sauce, apple crisp, apple pie, apple spice muffins or cakes. Did I forget something?

Phobias/fears: Where to begin? I'll stick to the phobia since i know what it is for sure. Spiders. It's absurd I know, but there you have it. I can't help it.

Quote, favorite: "I don't know, internet?" - Homer Simpson (This is in response to Marge asking, "how will the children get home?")

"The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men." - Alice Walker (see I have done this because I remember the Dorothy Parker quote from last time which I'll leave out this time).


Reasons to smile: The cats, especially Gigi's many expressions and quirks. I'll think of Gigi when I'm at work just to make myself smile. The mountains around us because I just need to look up when I'm walking and see them in the distance or I can take a short bike ride and go for a hike in them. Life with D., but that goes without saying.

Season: summer

Tag three: I'm going family on this. Sis, mom, D. So you'll have to post in my comment window or email me to post in the comment window or on a blog page.

Unknown fact about me: I once took ballet. ( I realized this was an unknown fact when I mentioned it at dinner last night and D shook his head in disbelief).

Vegetarian or oppressor of animals: Disturbing choice of words here as if "oppressor of animals" can be taken lightly, so I'm obviously Vegan.

Worst habit: Procrastinating.

X-rays or ultrasounds: Huh? Depends on what's wrong with me. I like the word "x-ray" better.

Your favorite foods: D's pasta with any sauce, but most recently his vodka tomato sauce has been outstanding! I'll also include D's pizza, D's caponata ( I had it again last night so it's rekindled my craving for it), D's wine (does that count as food? It does sustain me so I suppose it does). You get the picture. If D. makes it, it's damn good.

Zodiac: Cancer

6 comments:

Red said...

I make a vodka tomato sauce too... except I put prawns in mine and a splash of cream. Not very vegan-friendly, I'm afraid, but still delish.

Also, have you heard about this? Like, why?!?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6653175.stm

Wandering Coyote said...

I think I remember you doing this one before. Always good to have a refresher, though.

sp said...

Eewwww! The mars bar story is gross and stupid. What a dumb decision.

D. has put "cream" in his sauce before as well, using soy instead or I've made a cashew cream I got from this book called, In Nonna's Kitchen (it's vegan Italian cooking which is pretty neat to be able to adapt pretty much everything).

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh, I've been tagged, so here it goes:

Available or single: Huh ?

Best Friend: sp

Cake or pie: I can't decide; apple pie or L's vegan cheesecake.

Drink of choice: RED WINE!!! especially with dark chocolate!

Essential item: my bike(sp calls it my truck) or my sourdough

Favorite color: blue

Gummi Bears or Worms: Worms, of course, good for the garden.

Hometown: Montreal

Indulgence: RED WINE!!!

January or February: February, for groundhog's day & valentine's day

Kids: They’re ok, as long as they’re someone else’s ! or: No thanks!

Life is incomplete without: RED WINE!!!

Marriage date: 04/19/99

Number of siblings: 1, a younger brother

Oranges or apples: apples, 'cause there are so many varieties

Phobias/fears: snakes...eeehhhkkk!!

Quote, favorite: "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" -Gandhi, the Moral Basis of Vegetarianism
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in", -Michael Corleone or George Costanza

Reasons to smile: sp, the cats with sp, enjoying the great outdoors with sp.

Season: SUMMER!

Tag three: Savy, Amanda, Mario. I guess I have to send them emails now!

Unknown fact about me: I once won an air guitar contest (it was a LONG time ago!)

Vegetarian or oppressor of animals: Veg - almost vegan. I used to be quite the cheesie; especially those artisanal cheeses from small farms in Quebec. I’ve whittled it down to only 2 now – Parmiggiano Reggiano on my pasta, Provolone Piquante on my pizza; they’re kinda part of who I am in a way, the Italian in me, I’m having a hard time giving them up – maybe someday.

Worst Habit: Too many espressos at work.

X-rays or ultrasounds: X-ray just sounds cooler!

Your favorite foods: Home made pasta & sauce, homemade pizza, sp's vegan moussaka, sp's vegan Shepard’s pie, dark chocolate, homemade fries, smoked wheat served on homemade sourdough & spicy brown mustard with dill pickles on the side + a Coke.. Does RED WINE count as food ?

Zodiac: Virgo

D

sp said...

Thanks D. Air Guitar eh?

Wandering Coyote said...

D: Thanks for doing that. Nice to know a little more about you.