Friday, January 30, 2009

Fluville again!

Race day is almost here. I'm panicked. Have I written this before? I think so. When do I ever not worry about race day. This time though I really feel unprepared. My training was going along fine until Wednesday. Right in the middle of my run I felt feverish and had to stop immediately. I went home and felt okay, but then I felt feverish again. Yes, it was the flu. It's been a couple of years and I was doing so well not getting sick at all.

Well, there went the rest of my run for the day and Thursday's run as well.

So I'm not as trained as I'd like to be. Race day I'll just have to focus on finishing. To be a little more positive...I'm also looking forward to running in Fort Langley and running in the middle of February which will be a new experience.

It'll be a slow start to the season, but it's a start isn't it.

3 comments:

mister anchovy said...

I had a bout of the flu last year. I remember it was during the Tournament of Hearts Curling championships, which I watched on TV while shivering through the flu. I remember being flaked out on a comfy chair all bundled up in blankets for three days. Yuk.

S.M. Elliott said...

Aw! Hope you recover quickly so you can race.

sp said...

I forgot to mention that I did recover quickly. I was better the next day! I just felt a little tired from the experience. Friday I was back to work.