Saturday, January 24, 2009

Gnocchi

I forgot to post this delicious photo. Why did I marry db? So many reasons, but I think I foresaw a future where he would make me gluten-free squash gnocchi! It was beautiful and delicious. It was his first attempt at making a gluten-free pasta and it worked really well. Of course his amazing tomato sauce on top made it perfect. What a meal.

I did throw a salad together for us and I used this vegetable for the first time. I thought it was so beautiful I had to take a picture. We ordered it in our organic produce box. Know what it is?

2 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

That looks like one of those fancy beets...

The gnocchi looks wonderful!

sp said...

The gnocchi was wonderful.

The veg is called a watermelon radish. It's an absolutely beautiful colour. The photo doesn't really capture this.