Friday, August 31, 2007

5 AM!

Did you know it's dark at 5 am these days? Did you know there is an astounding amount of people (including runners) up in the dark hours of the morning?

The only reason I got up at 5 am was because I knew I wouldn't be able to find time in the day to get out and run. Getting up at 5 am to be out the door by 5:30 am is old hat now for db, but it is still startling to me. Last time we did this together it was light out, now it is not. Honestly, I have to say that I thought once the mornings get dark db will be sleeping in and making time somewhere else in his day to run. I was wrong. db is an unbelievable runner. He's a natural and seems to run with such ease and focus. I have a lot to learn from him.

I got up and I followed his pace. This was a good plan since I was intending to do pace work today. I couldn't keep up with him. Once I stopped to re-tie my shoe it was too much time to catch him again. I tried, but I couldn't. It was the fastest 4 k I've ever run.


***

Now the window installers are finally here. They seem to be very efficient. I'm tucked away in the bedroom with the cats who have finally calmed down and settled into their naps. Gigi was quite worked up this morning and seemed very confused about being locked in the bedroom. She's finally settled in her basket and only wakes now and then to see what I'm up to.

I am a bit afraid of going into the living room and seeing a big hole in our wall where they are cutting to extend our living room windows so we have more light and windows that open in that room. How civilized it will be.

The end result will mean more painting. So I'm thinking about fixing up my office space to be a little more like an office and a little less like a cat flop lounge. At least we can divide the space up into the two. I know, I know the cat flop lounge will win in the end. C'est la vie.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to both of you. db congrats on such a good beginning as a runner. I'll be telling our super ultra runner friend all about your progress. As sonny would say, you're one determined monkey.
md