Karen tagged me to write 10 things about myself to share in blogland. Part of tag is tagging someone else, but I suspect I would tag some of those that Karen has tagged as well. So to my core whoville visitors out there and I know there are at least ten of you I tag you all. To write 10 things about yourself to share on my blog.
So here goes 10 things to share with the blog world that are...um....unique I suppose.
1. I eat the same thing for breakfast every day: toast with almond butter and a coffee. Occasionally I have something different on the weekend or am forced to when I travel, but it's always the same. I often think about making something different in the morning, but I enjoy toast and almond butter so much I can't change now.
2. (this one is for db): I say that I don't like rice or soy ice cream, but I have been known to eat it.
3. Vegan guilt. I have a lot of guilt for the dairy I've eaten in the past and also for the fish I ate when I called myself vegetarian. However, I don't have any guilt for the meat I ate as a kid. I suppose it's because it was before I knew there was a choice. I thought a lot of meat was gross especially liver, but then what kid didn't think liver was gross. My grandmother use to make roast beef every Sunday we visited and it was really weird looking to me and I would smother it in gravy so I didn't have to look at it. A born veg? Maybe or maybe I was just a picky kid.
4. Whenever I'm at work (no matter what kind of work I'm in) I feel like it's a performance and I find this exhausting. A co-worker (who is an actor) once told me I should be an actor. That will never happen since we already have an actor in the family and nothing would terrify me more than to be the center of attention or have people gawk at me while I'm performing. I guess at work it's more of a mask.
5. Being the center of attention is one of the reasons db and I eloped when we got married. We told our families about a week after the fact.
6. I have a bumper sticker that reads: "The more people I meet the more I like my cat" (I don't own a car). There is some truth to this for me.
7. Some kids play "house" when they're little, I played "librarian." I was born a nerd. I would check books out to my stuffed animals (Agatha and Bunny).
8. I still have Agatha (my stuffed blue bear) that I named after Agatha Christie because those were the books my mom was reading at the time and I liked the name.
9. I have no tattoos or piercings other than my ears. I once pierced my nose myself way way back in high school, but I let it heal over after a year. No, it didn't hurt when I did it because I froze my nostril with an ice-cube. It did take a long time to do though because I was nervous and realized it was harder to get that needle through than I though. I was staying at my aunt and uncle's house when I did it. They were out for the day with their kids. My aunt still talks about it today and it's more than 20 years ago now!
10. I like most plants and flowers, but I really dislike begonias, petunias, impatients, daisies and marigolds. I use to like juniper until I moved to the land of juniper. Now I think it's a weed. this is not earth-shattering info about me, but it feels liberating to say it. I've been plant shopping with people and they'v ooohed and aaahed over these stupid plants and I've said some nice things about the plants and have even tried to find their potential, but I have to say they muck up the garden. I've seen too many poorly planned gardens with the border of begonias and petunias along a grass edging. Yuck.