Friday, January 18, 2008

Sampling from the Veganomicon

I've been all about comfort food lately. This usually means something with potatoes. Also, while we wait for our organic fresh box delivery, db and I try to work with what we have in our fridge, freezer and cupboards.
Wanting to sample from my new copy of Veganomicon, last night I decided to try the chickpea cutlets. This recipe couldn't be simpler and was delicious. I roasted the last of the potatoes and turnips so I could put them in the oven and forget about them while I worked on making the cutlets. The green beans are from P's garden in Nanaimo. On our last visit he gave us some fresh frozen goodies from his garden harvest. I spiced up the green beans with some Turkish chile flakes and just panfried them. What is missing from the photo is the mushroom gravy (also from Veganomicon) that went very nicely on the cutlets. As I said to db during dinner "We're so lucky to be vegan."
Yummy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy...might give it a try when I have your uncle and sister to dinner. md

Cynnie said...

post the recipe !..
they do look yummy!

sp said...

The recipe can be found here:
www.chow.com/recipes/11364