Friday, July 07, 2006

Garden Dishes

Well I am at the end of my week but here's one outlook.

"This week's scenario is highlighted by hard work and concentrated effort and are the key issues for this time period. You are faced with tasks that are tedious and difficult but which must be completed at this time. Fortunately, you have the mental concentration and stamina to tackle the tasks now but the demands are still more than you would like to cope with. This is a difficult time period, but at least your work is cut out for you. You are likely to discover flaws in your creative projects, neglected aspects of projects you are involved with, and tedious, detailed work that you have been putting off."

All of the above is applicable. So...if you see any "flaws" in my blog (it's a creative project) let me know...or actually don't. I don't need that do I?


Now to the food...

We've already started cooking from the garden. Last week when my mother came to visit I used chard from both our fresh organic delivery box and the garden to throw a quick pasta together. I did include some oven dried tomatoes from last years garden. That should be the last of those.

The rapini was beginning to bolt so I cut it back, cooked it with some more chard, and then processed it with tofu, garlic, celery, salt and pepper for a Spanakopita filling. Pictures? Sorry I forgot to take pictures. Next time. The trick with phyllo (as I learned from Wandering Coyote) is to work quickly and don't be intimidated by it, it's actually quite simple.

D. used the Hungarian Hot wax pepper in his vegan bolognese sauce last night. It's my favorite dish.

Salads, salads and more salads. The tango lettuce I planted from seed is doing great and the dandelion is just coming along. We had a lovely mixed salad of tango, dandelion, arugula, sorrel and baby chard. It was delicious.

Our tomatoes are doing great so you'll hear about nothing but tomato sandwiches, salads and sauces for a while. Why else would we grow all that basil too?

No comments: