Sunday, July 30, 2006

Floating

We left whoville today. We left behind the humidity, the city air and all that stuff for a tiny beach that a friend knows of. It's lesser known and therefore far less crowded than the more popular beaches. We arrived early and it was glorious. A few tosses of the frisbee and some desperate attempts at some volleyball with a cheapo plastic ball bought at the beach shop and we were ready for the water. The water was perfect with a sandy bottom to the lake and clear water. It was so refreshing and relaxing. After a snack and more doing nothing, I went back in the water and just floated on my back. The sky was overcast, but not dark and gloomy just overcast. I could only hear the water around me and see the sky above. I love the water. I swam a little, but I really didn't have the energy to get going I just wanted to float and feel my body relax.

The sun never really came out fully until we were leaving and when it started to get busy. So, it was a good time to go and as you know even with the cloud I still felt the sun. What better way is there to spend a hot Sunday in July than a relaxing day at the beach?

No comments: