Saturday, February 11, 2006

in memory of

Cats, cats, cats, cats and more cats. I'm cat sitting. There's actually not much sitting involved more feeding, watering and scooping. Very little sitting. red jane (see the End of it All blog link) is shooting a commercial in Chile and I'm now looking after her glorious red Fred. He's beautiful as you can see from the pix on her site. He came right out of hiding for me and I did get to do some sitting because Fred and I aren't too familiar with each other so we spent a good while getting to know each other. He bit me in the head! It was a friendly bite though. He's very playful and likes to rub against his sisal post. After getting acquainted he spent some time marking my bag, rolling on it and rubbing his little face on it. Oh red Fred!


The "in memory of" is for Mama Sita who left the cat world last February 9th. We miss her here in whoville. She was much loved and gave much love in return.
She was 13 or so when my sister and mother rescued her in the early 90s (can't remember the exact year). She had kittens with her and the whole lot was fortunately rescued from the Montreal winter. Sis took her in and Mama had a good life. She was able to live in places in the city where she could go outside and catch mice, chew on grass and all that good cat stuff. She was incredibly intelligent and was very good at communicating what she needed or what was bothering. Her eyes were very expressive and bright. I don't have picture to post unfortunately, but hopefully in the future I can scan one so all can see how lovely she truly was. We miss you Mama and are grateful to have known you and spent time with you during your life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the Mama Sita! I think about her, and have only wonderful memories. Thanks for posting that. I think she was 1 or 2 years old when she found us! She passed away at 14 years old.What a wise girl. A pleasure to have known her.
L.

redjane Stephanie Belding said...

Oh mama! I can't believe it's been a year- I remember being in my old room and having Dr. B. there to nurse us all through her passing. I loved Mama, adnd secretly was proud that hse had adopted me so easily and took to my room. And I completely related to her insatiable appetite! What a great lady, a true lady. Thanks for the remembrance. And of course, for all of your wonderful love and help with red fred.