Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Based on my photos, you might think that all we eat around here is pasta. We do consume a lot of pasta.

The last three nights it has been pasta. Sunday is always pasta night. It's a tradition in db's family and so it is here. He made a tomato sauce from our garden tomatoes and it was simple and delicious. The photo here shows the sauce on my spinach rice pasta.


Last night I made my favorite stir-fry sesame sauce. I don't seem to take too many photos of my own cooking. I don't know why. Anywho...it's a creamy sauce made with tahini, garlic, sesame oil, tamari and water. I always add a bit of hot sauce to give it a bit of fire. Usually I serve it over rice, but last night I tried soba noodles made from 100% buckwheat. It would seem that the art of cooking 100% buckwheat noodles is something I need to work on. They were fine, but did remain as one clump after I drained the water from the pot.

The veggies were lightly cooked (I like them crunchy). The stir-fry was a mixture of tofu, green peppers, broccoli (locally grown) and dino kale (also locally grown). The colours were all greens, but different shades of green so it was quite beautiful. Next time I'll try to remember to take a photo.

Tonight it was Mushroom Stroganoff from Celebration of Wellness. Yes it was pasta again (corn fusilli pasta). db threw in a little more of that dino kale on top. Very tastey.

Tomorrow I promise not to make pasta. Usually I'm running a lot more, but since the half marathon I've been taking it easy so I think I can go lighter on the carbs.

4 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

I LOVE Pasta but I can't eat too much of it.
A supermarket chain over here does a Vegetable Pasta which is nice and allows me to indulge. I'd like to have a go at making my own Pasta - that is on my loooooong list of things to do.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sesame sauce sounds yummy!

sp said...

Making your own pasta is so rewarding and once you do it once or twice it becomes an easy process.

Red said...

Nothing wrong with eating pasta three or four times a week! I love it (as you well know) and in fact I'm going to have it tonight: pasta alla fiorentina, with peppers, spinach and tomatoes. (And mozzarella on top, then under the grill for melting deliciousness...)