Sunday, March 25, 2007

Vegan Montreal Bagels


Mmm Sunday morning began with vegan Montreal style bagels and coffee. It's the best Sunday in a while. When I came home from work yesterday D was in the middle of making bagels. A couple of weeks ago when my mum was here we went to visit P. who had made vegan Montreal style bagels and they were so good D. was inspired. When he went to make his weekly sourdough bread, he divided the sourdough starter and used some to make the bagels. I guess that means they're vegan Montreal style sourdough bagels. They are just like the St. Viateur bagels to give you an idea of flavour and texture just in case you've ever had the pleasure of biting into one of those. D. has made vegan bagels in the past but I think these are better than before.

As for the rest of the day...I'm going to rest one more day before trying to run so it'll just be some biking to get the errands done. Pretty exciting life isn't it?

3 comments:

mister anchovy said...

Looks great! I make sourdough bread every week too...except this week...I put the started in the fridge and ceded the kitchen to Tuffy P. Every year before Easter, she starts baking Paska, batch after batch. Just about everyone we know gets a loaf. In fact she has enough dough for a few loaves rising right now.

Wandering Coyote said...

Those look utterly amazing!

redjane Stephanie Belding said...

Unbelieveable! I have to have the recipe- I've been craving bagels and pizza lately...