Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mom's visit

Back at the coffee shop. I suppose this will go on for several more days or weeks until D and I sort out how we're going to live in the internet world.

Today is glorious and sunny. Did we ever need it after all the torrential rain and flooding etc etc. Okay we weren't flooded, but others were and it's just another mess after a series of messes that the weather has created this past winter. Today gives me hope and it is an indication of what is to come with the summer. It's very uplifting.

So my mom was here for a week. We had a great time. He flight was delayed because of the bad weather "back east" (everyone refers to central Canada and east of as "back east" and I can't help but find it funny. It's as funny as those in the east calling our location "out west" -- I'm sure I've mentioned this before so I'll move on). Anywho...she made it and we had a good week. We went to Nanaimo to see P. and even though I was fighting the flu I had a good time. We mostly ate food with P. He's such an awesome cook. He made vegan BAGELS! Yes, vegan bagels and they were Montreal style bagels with sesame seed and they were chewy and delicious. I took my Tofutti cream cheese and I was in heaven. He gave us some to take home as well. I still have one left that I put in the freezer because I'm waiting for that perfect Sunday when I have lots of time and can sit and enjoy every bite with my morning coffee.

We went to see the "From Totems to Turquoise" exhibit at the Vancouver Museum. It was an incredible exhibit of past and contemporary jewelry from the Southwest First Nations and the Northwest First Nations artists. It was engaging and very educational. The jewelry was stunning and inspiring. I'm glad I went. I can't wait to get to the Museum of Anthropology. Everyone speaks so highly of it.


The week flew by and despite the rainy weather we went for walks and enjoyed ourselves. Mom didn't seem to mind the rain at all. We had a great walk along the inlet. It was beautiful.

And on that note. I'm going to get out in that sunshine before it's gone.

No comments: