Friday, March 23, 2007

RICE

Yes, it's injury time. I'm laying low and resting, icing, compressing and elevating my left foot trying to ride out this injury.

I'm very frustrated and am having trouble keeping positive about my running goals I've set for the year. So I may have to adjust and set some new goals. I'll give it another week before I do that though.

On a positive note, D. brought home another pair of Gel Kayanos! He surprised me with yet another ebay win. Two pairs of my shoe and he still hasn't spent what it would cost me to buy one pair in the stores.

That's my coach and partner. Swoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the old achilles!! Yes, I know it well. It feels so good to rest it, and then be healed to start again. I did 5 1/2 miles yesterday. I could have gone longer, but funny, ran out of breath. Yes, my lung capacity gave out first. Well, we will have to do something about that. I think i know what. It was a good run, I thought of you, and it pushed me to go on, despite the lungs.
Thank you.
L.

tweetey30 said...

I dont run but I know how it is walking with old shoes that just dont feel comfortable anymore. I have seen your name on a few other blogs and thought I would stop in and say hello finally. Tweets.

sp said...

L: that's a good sign though because it meant that you were at your max and you'll need to push yourself to those limits when you're in an event.

Thanks for dropping by tweetey29