Friday, April 14, 2006

Life in Hellweek

I made it through!

I'm done in but I made it through.

Oh...the procession is just coming through, I can hear the music. Good Friday means that the reenactment of the stations of the cross occurs during a procession in Little Italy, the largest in Canada. However, closer to my whovillian home is another smaller procession that happens later in the day and is much simpler with sombre music and people holding candles. It's quite different from the Little Italy spectacle that appears complete with fake blood and soldiers in gladiator garb. Out of curiosity I went to little Italy one year for the event. D. was reluctant because he finds it a bit vulgar. Anywho...there was a struggle for front row view and a group of women with their kids and grandkids started to get into it because they all claimed to have that spot first. I was more interested in what was being said in the argument and missed half of the procession. After that I didn't go again. It's way too chaotic for me.

Back to the week I just came through. Phew. I'm glad it's over. Even though I work tomorrow, it still feels like the week is over. No more 13 hour days (plus travel time). No more catered passover meals. No more stuffing my back pack like an overnight back with lunch, dinner, my toothbrush and a change of clothes for catering and after work. At least not for this week. Who knows what next week will bring.

1 comment:

redjane Stephanie Belding said...

I'd forgotten about that procession; I always found it rather twilight zone-ish, being a lapsed catholic from my childhood days- kind of made me feel like I was a tourist in someone elase's town.
What an insane week! Just think of the insane paychecque whn all is said and done...