Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thrive

Part of my journey to eat healthier led me to the Thrive Diet. I usually don't buy any book with "diet" in the title because to me it suggests a regimented diet, but I was interested in the Thrive Diet because I admired the author Brendan Brazier for being a top level tri-athlete who promotes a plant based diet.

The recipes in this book are simple, tasty, and have many raw options. If a recipe calls for cooking it is usually at a low temperature.







One of my favorite things to make in this book is the walnut burger.
All of the burgers in the book are very good, but the walnut burger is my favorite. Everything goes into the food processor and then you just make them into patties. I decided to cook half of the burgers and keep the other half raw. I think I prefer them raw. It was a nice complement to my roasted veg and beets
Then I made his cheezy sauce with sunflower seeds. I warmed it a little and served it on the side with the burger. The two went great together, and made for a great lunch the next day with some spinach, sprouts and raddichio. My lunches at work always have to be cold so I usually do a salad with lots of stuff in it, or occasionally a simple sandwich, so this walnut burger was a nice change.

No comments: