Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My sister is in whoville this week. She's hear promoting the play she just finished (The Baroness and the Pig) for a theatre festival that showcases plays from around Canada. I'm helping her with her pitch and am a bit terrified by that, but I know it'll be fine.


Anywho...it's great having her here. Even though it's been a year since I last saw her, being together again feels like no time has passed at all.

Unfortunately, the weather has been crappy. We're having unseasonably cool temperatures and yesterday it poured rain non-stop. I think I'm still drying out from just taking a short walk. I definitely didn't go for a run yesterday.

* * *

Now as for the Euros...hmm what to say. I guess I'll just say it's a bit heartbreaking to watch Italy start out so poorly and seeing Cannavaro sitting on the bench while the Italian defense leaves gaping holes. Not to discredit the Netherlands because they played very well (even if that first goal was offside) and I thought they looked like the best team in the group (so far). It's early yet, right?

My second choice (after Italy) for favorite teams is Spain. I think, I do think that maybe this time they'll qualify. We'll see.

* * *

I'll have to get a new card for my camera because I'd like to post some garden photos because everything is doing so well. Next post hopefully.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Good news...Spain is currently beating Russia 2-0. Woo hoo.

Anonymous said...

You'll do great with the pitch, don't worry!

Sorry you're having crappy weather, but happy that you get to spend some time with your sister! Yay! :)