Monday, October 01, 2007

countdown

The countdown has begun. We're just days away from Kelowna now. Another marathon? I'm still not sure I completed one, but there were witnesses so I must have finished.

The toughest part of training is over and my favorite "taper off" week has begun. While I enjoy the extra rest and extra food, I can't help but feel a bit anxious wondering if it's too much rest or maybe not the right foods. I know it will be fine.

I'm going to keep track of my food intake for the week. I never put this info in my runner's log and it is an important component of my training.


Just a little inspirational photo as I start thinking about Kelowna this weekend. Ndereba, a 35 year old Kenyan runner is at the top again. I recently watched her win gold at the worlds and if that isn't inspiration, I don't know what is.

Well...there's also Asha Gigi (34) who just won the Toronto Waterfront Marathon.



Speaking of Gigis...Here's another Gigi I'll be thinking of.

I'm not sure she'll help me run any better, but she sure is cute and fun to think about when I'm going a long distance.

3 comments:

mister anchovy said...

I hope you have a great run!

sp said...

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Have an amazing run! I'm with you . GiGi!!!!!! So cute, my goodness.
L, L.