Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The unofficial Matryoshka collection


An LV co-worker brought me the black matryoshka. I worked a shift for him once way back when and he not only remembered but he gave me the matryoshka. I was completely surprised by this gesture. At this point I had to say that db and I seem to have a collection going.

I bought the blue one because it was the last one on the shelf at work and we're going to stop carrying them all together.

The largest one was a gift from sis. It has chimes inside so that when it rocks it makes a wonderful sound. It actually doesn't open like the others. She brought it back from the Ukraine.

The other two db had when I met him and I don't know their history except to say that the smallest one seems to be missing a couple of dolls.

1 comment:

Red said...

I've always loved matryoshkas -- ever since I was a child and I first saw one at my friend's house -- but never had one myself.

I'd have to say that looks like the beginning of a beautiful collection...