Friday, March 03, 2006

McDougall Vegan Breakfast



Mmmm! Maybe I need a breakfast blog? This cereal is so easy to make. It's from one of the McDougall cookbooks. And yes, you get a story with this bit of info...

When I first went vegan (I admit I lapsed back to vegetarianism for a few years, but I'm happily vegan again and will never look back), I found the McDougall program book which I had heard about through a friend. It was easy to use and had meals for each day sort of thing that was quite practical for a single gal as I was then. McDougall's book really changed my way to healthier eating and a healthier way of living. In other words, it was revolutionary for me. My cooking skills improved and I started experimenting with my own versions of things etc.

I loved this cereal then and I love it now.

1/2cup bulgar
3 tbls rolled oats
1 tbls of molasses
1/3 cup chopped dried fruit (I used mango, cranberry and cherry)
1 1/2 cups of water

place everything in a bowl, stir and refrigerate over night. In the morning heat and eat. Yum! I also put maple syrup on mine and a little rice milk. I thought couscous might be nice option instead of the bulgar, maybe with dried pear and raisins or something citrusy.

No comments: