Friday, March 13, 2009


Day 9-13. This is the last day of the fruit, veg and rice only days.
Monday we had risotto with asparagus and lemon.
Tuesday it was steamed veg (broccoli, carrots, asparagus and kale) with brown rice. I topped the veg with a mix of olive oil, apple cider vinegar.
Wednesday I made a veggie & rice nori wrap and had a side of avocado, sprouts and carrots.
Thursday we enjoyed root vegetable pureed soup (it kind of looked like baby food, but it was delicious).
Tonight? Maybe a pilaf? More steamed veg? We did get some beautiful looking red chard in our fresh organic delivery box this week so I may do something with that.

A surprising thing is that I haven't had the ticklish pain when I run. Mind you I haven't run much lately because I've been looking after my injuries. However, I did just come back from a run and I felt fine. I'm not sure what the difference is this time. I'll have to ask my ND.

So I just made my ultraclear protein drink with some mango juice. I was just about finished it when dear sweet Prima took a sniff in the glass and sneezed in my glass. Aw. she's so cute. Just in case you forgot how cute she is. Here she is in her basket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know if it was your sister, she'd probably drink the drink, but did you? md

sp said...

No, I passed on the rest of the drink. I suppose my sis wouldn't mind a bit would she?