Sunday, March 08, 2009

20 more days

Day 8 of my detox. It's going pretty well. I can definitely tell that my sugar cravings are gone. Now when I see db eating cookies I have no interest at all.

Day 6-13 requires that I eat only fruit, veg and rice from the starch group while I up the dose of my protein powder. I was a little unprepared since I hadn't really read ahead on my chart, so db and I did a little grocery shopping to pick up more variety of veg.

I had leftover rice from last night and tossed this salad together using avocado to bind it all together with some olive oil and apple cider vinegar. It was delicious. Rather than feeling limited by my diet, which is how I felt at first, I am feeling more creative. I rarely use rice in a salad, but I think I'll do it more often.

***

A new wool shop opened in our neck of the woods, which makes it the only wool shop in our neck of the woods. I feel a bit like I missed my opportunity to do it first, but then I would actually have to have a plan and work towards that business wouldn't I.

The shop is small and carries some fine wools. It's mostly wool as I expected (too bad) but there were some nice cottons and cotton blends with soy and bamboo that looked inviting. There's not a huge selection, but hopefully they'll start to carry more. It also looks like it's set up for courses to be held there so I may look into that. It'd be fun to fine tune the skills I have and learn something new.

1 comment:

Jen Treehugger said...

I could eat a bowl of that right now! I should eat a bowl of that right now.
:)