Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hockey and Budgets

The NHL trade deadline has ended and the federal budget was announced today. I'm disappointed in both.

I've already posted about losing Salvador for a player that may not be worth it. They traded Backman as well, but that doesn't really concern me too much.

As for the budget I am unimpressed from what I've read. This government is failing the environment. They are "Turning the Corner" all right and it is taking us down an oil sands slippery slope. No carbon tax? Huge amounts of money for nuclear energy and to find ways to hide carbon from coal-fired electricity? Huh? What planet are these people on? Not one that I want to be on that's for sure.

I'd like a trade deadline for this government, but with Dion, the opposition leader, voting for the budget it doesn't seem like that's going to happen any time soon.




2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

If you could trade politicians, does that mean you can also fire the Prime Minister?

sp said...

That sounds like a wise option.