Friday, November 25, 2005

about the links

Just a word about my links that are trying to include many of my interests.
Animal rights issues are at the top of my list since it is probably the one thing in my life that I am most passionate about (outside of my signif. other). The treatment of animals in this world is unspeakably cruel and I made a conscious decision to stop being silent about it.

Knitting is part of my roots and I love the knitty site. I've made the transition to synthetic fibers and cottons. I'm using up the rest of my wool now for gifts and then it's solely hemp, soy, recycled sari, cotton and poly fibres.

Film can't be left out since it's what I want to do with the rest of my time or actually all of my time if I can. LIFT is a great local co-op where I made a film based on the text of a local poet, Rachel Zolf. Volatile Works is a Montreal co-op that is doing some great films that are being screened around the world. Check out their site. I'm a secret fan of Alan Brown's work (not so secret anymore I guess), but I don't want to exclude the other films coming out of this collective since they are all quite remarkable and unique.

1 comment:

Wandering Coyote said...

This is so exciting! I'll put a link to your blog on mine either today or tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know about it.