Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Knit one run two. Repeat this pattern until end.

I've been thinking about yarn a lot lately. I just can't help myself. There are so many beautiful strands out there that I never need to think about wool again. My recent success with the cardigan has inspired me. Also my sis mentioned that a friend of hers was looking for wool alternatives and was amazed at the bamboo silk, soy silk, organic cottons and hemp yarns (like the ones pictured here) that are a pleasure to knit with.

Outside of that my free-thinking time is taken up with running and running related topics. I'm searching for last years model of shoes again and D and I are hopeful to find my shoe at a discount. After all "my shoe" has gone up another 10 dollars this year bringing it to $210 before taxes. Um...yeah...not possible especially clocking the kilometers I am these days.


Now I'm trying to figure out a way to hydrate on the long runs so that I don't have to carry that stupid RR belt I bought. The water bottle sticks up into my spine and if I put it on my hip, it bumps my arm. There's got to be a better way. I was so lucky in the big city with my High Park to Lakeshore route where there was enough water fountains to get me through the toughest run. I've been spoiled.

So combining two of my passions, I'm crocheting a running hat in hemp which is warm and breathable as far as fibers go and I can custom make it to suit my needs. I should have it done once it's warm enough to run without a hat. Oh well, there's next season and it'll be here before I know it.

2 comments:

redjane Stephanie Belding said...

I have seen some running belsts that are really close fitting to the body and the bottle is on an angle, nestled better. It might not work for left handers, though. You'd think in this city, with all the triathletes and runners, Ladysport would carry some alternative...

sp said...

I did email the instructor of the on-line course I'm taking and she advised me just as I thought she would, saying that I have to get use to it. She liked my idea of adding rubber strips to the inside of the belt so that it didn't slip around so much on all the poly I'm wearing. I did have a better long run with it on Sunday and even on my short runs I wear the belt without the bottle just to get use to it. Par for the course I guess. I can't wait for race day though when I won't have to wear it.