Sunday, November 15, 2009

vegan cookies


chocolate spice cookies fresh from the oven

Some dark cocoa, cayenne, and a cinnamon sugar topping make these the best cookies I've baked in a long time.
Where did I get the recipe? Where else? The PPK! Isa Chandra-Moskowitz even has a video of her making the Mexican hot chocolate snickerdoodle.


The rich chocolaty sweetness with the spicy was such a nice combination, and they had an excellent sugary crunch from the topping.  (Notice that I speak about these cookies in the past tense. Yup, they're gone).

I'm very excited about the new cookie book from Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero. As soon as our little store gets it in stock, I'm bringing it home, and will start baking asap.

It looks like a nice match for their Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World book, which appealed to me, but I knew if I bought it I wouldn't use it as much as it deserves. I like cupcakes occasionally, but cookies are what really appeal to me, so this is the book for me.




If you usually get cookies from me at Christmas, guess what's coming this year?

4 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

They look amazing! I could totally use a chocolate fix right now...

Karen said...

They look delicious. I love the pairing of hot/spicey and sweet - my brother makes a wicked chipotle pepper brownie that makes me weak in the knees. More people should embrace the spicey/sweet combo. Oh no, I'm suddenly thinking cheesecake.

redjane Stephanie Belding said...

I can't wait. I have VCTOTW but haven't used it yet- so many gorgeous but complex cupcakes; i agree, it's all about the cookies.

Marly said...

These cookies look great. Seems like all the recipes from this book look great!