Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Run Vegan Run

The training is in full swing. I've signed up for the Scotiabank 1/2 in Vancouver at the end of June. Incidentally, the run is on the same day my family arrives from Montreal and N.B., so I can run the event and then head to the airport to pick them up. That worked out well.

I feel motivated more than ever right now.

The sun was shining when I left work, and the air was cool. It was a good night for a run. I changed as soon as I got home and headed up that hill. No matter what way I go, once I leave the house, I have to either go up a steep hill or down it. To start my run I'd rather go up. It's a decent climb and nothing to take lightly. Tonight when I started up the hill, I looked at the path ahead and the hill looked almost completely flat. It didn't look like a climb at all. For the first time I felt like I had overcome the mental block of running up the hill and subsequently my body seemed to hurt less. I knew it would be work, but I knew I could run up it and would be able to again and again. Facing obstacles head on seems to be the lesson of the day. Let's see if I can apply that to my non-running side of my life.

1 comment:

S.M. Elliott said...

You go! You're living proof that vegans aren't "pale and weak", like some people think. I admire your drive.