Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The colour pink

I don't wear a lot of pink. I have one long sleeve running shirt in pink and that's about it, so I suppose I don't consider the colour much. However, this week it stood up and asked me to take notice. When I flipped through my pictures from this past week I noticed that pink was the dominate colour.

This rhododendron is in full bloom right now. I'm really enjoying it as a bright accent in an otherwise predominately green landscape.
When I saw this dessert at the post punk kitchen blog, I knew it was the dessert for me. It's raw and it's loaded with strawberries. The recipe is simple and takes little time to make (minus the cashew soaking time, and the chilling time in the fridge -- ah, I've discovered the brilliance of coconut oil!).

The strawberries turned the "cake" this beautiful pink colour that really appeals to me.

What do you think of the colour?

4 comments:

mister anchovy said...

There is one little rhododendron at our place, planted by the previous owners. It looks like it's going to bloom. Once I was in Pennsylvania and came across a little stream in a valley filled with the most beautiful rhododendrons. It was a stunning sight.

Karen said...

I normally detest pink but that cake looks delicious. Mmm, love strawberries!

Wandering Coyote said...

All that pink is just wonderful to look at...And the dessert looks awesome, too.

Wheeler's Crew said...

The photos are beautiful! Pink is always a color that reminds me of springtime! :)