Sunday, August 24, 2008

return of the rain

It seems like a long time since we had a full day of rain and now here it is. It reminds me of October.
The plan was to get up and run. Last Sunday I woke at 5:30 am and was out the door by 7 am. It rained a little last week and there was a thunder storm to deal with, but nothing like what I woke to this morning. Today I slept in until 8 and then looked out the window to see the rain. Still I prepared as if I was going out for my 28 k run. I had a light breakfast, some water, got dressed and then took another look out the window. db and I stared out the window wondering what the run would be like. db was planning to bike for a bit then run a while before getting back on his bike for the last leg of my run. It was a good plan. It really was. Finally we decided we'd be miserable after 5 k and want to turn back. If it was five or ten k I was doing then I'd do it, but 28? No thanks. If it happens on race day then I'll do it, but why stress through training any more than I already do.

The new plan is I run after work tomorrow (yuck!) and take the long way home. It's 11 k from work to home so I'll take a few detours before heading home. So we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

3 comments:

Vegan Run Amok said...

Sorry your long run got rained out! Hope is isn't too yucky running after work tomorrow and that you have drier weather on race day!

Wandering Coyote said...

I think we're getting your rain tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to it!

sp said...

I hope race day is drier too. I dread having to wear the rain poncho for part of a run.