Wandering Coyote tagged me for this meme that is about websites I visit and why. After reading Wandering's list I think I'll have few more places to visit now.
Mostly I visit blogs. The most visited are on my sidebar so you can visit them yourself. I am completely fascinated by the blogging world and being able to see the amount of creativity in the world.
My other most visited websites are related to my activities.
1. Running. I am a regular at active.com. Okay, mostly I'm there because of my running blog and to read other active blogs, but I also use the training log to record all of the active living I do whether it be running or yoga or gardening (yes, I see this as exercise. Have you ever turned soil or pruned a hedge? It's a workout). Related is the Running Room site where I also use the training log, search for upcoming events and register for most of my races.
2. Knitting. Need I say it? Knitty.com! This is a great source of information and fun about knitty with free patterns that are for every level. They're fun (check out the pattern for the Womb, yes you heard me) and funky (how about a Hot Tamale?) and I one day hope to be so talented as to be able to submit a pattern to knitty.com.
3. Job search. This is a more recent and ongoing activity for me. I've been frequenting the alliance for arts site for a while now searching for that perfect arts job. I haven't found anything yet (or I should say no one has hired me yet), but there may be a breakthrough. I also like the links on this page for what's going on in the arts regionally and nationally. It's a good source of info.
4. Gardening. The UBC botanical garden site is where I go for my botany photo of the day. I'm not here as much, but the photos come to my dashboard daily so I have the option of reading on or not. I also go here to find out about what events are coming up.
5. News. I'm a bit of a news junkie. I start my day with cbc radio and if I'm home for the day it will be on most of the day (I can't listen to Sounds like Canada. I just can't). If I remember to and I'm home I'll watch Politics with Don Newman. It's on so much earlier in BC! My evenings do not feel complete unless I've watched the National (I never watch Rex Murphy though. I just can't do that either). So it's no surprise that CBC news headlines are front and center on my home page so I can quickly click to a story I want to read. Did I really need to link the cbc site for you?
Yup that's my extremely exciting life in a nutshell.
Now I'm going to go ponder the possibility of Don Newman, Barret Jackman and Grover somehow being related.