Monday, March 15, 2010

The paralympic coverage

What coverage? I was hoping for another run of olympic viewing, but alas it is not going to happen. Instead we get highlights. Oh well. It's a start. Perhaps by the next winter paralympics there will be more televised events. I guess CTV wasn't prepared for the demand. After all most of the events have sold out in ticket sales, leaving those who couldn't buy tickets with nothing but highlights. Well done CTV.

We do, however, get full coverage of the sledge hockey, which is great. I'm enjoying that, or at least I'm enjoying the Canadian sledge hockey games (even though it was a 10-1 blowout against Sweden. I didn't hear a peep about maybe it shouldn't be an event because it's not competitive enough like they said about the women's hockey. It's probably not a great comparison, but I'm not going to rant now). So, yes I am enjoying the hockey. There doesn't seem to be coverage of the hockey unless Canada is playing though. I really wanted to see Norway play, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow when they play Canada.

I guess we have to take what we can get for now.

db and I did manage to get tickets for some Alpine events next Sunday, but we're not sure what it will be since they had to reshuffle the whole schedule after poor conditions cancelled some events this past weekend. Whatever Alpine event it is, I'm sure it will be fun and exciting. I'm looking forward to it.

It seems funny though to be going to the winter paralympics when the daffodils have already bloomed, and maybe by then I'll have a few tulips as well. It's a good thing the event is at Whistler.

No comments: