Saturday, September 26, 2009

Run Vegan Run

I'm finally feeling fit again, running fit that is. It was really only a week that I didn't run, but it was long enough for me to feel out of the routine of it. Then it took some time to build up again. I felt like I had to build up my endurance again, which is frustrating because I was getting tired at the 10k mark. It's kind of like hitting a wall for a long run, except I would go home at 10k and not try to run through the wall. That may have been my problem, and why it took so long to feel running fit again.

I got into a good groove this week of running in the mornings, and I feel ready for a nice and easy long run now. I'm excited about a long run in the morning, maybe incorporate some trail -- the Coquitlam River Trail if I feel like going the distance. That trail is just that much further now from where we use to live. There were a couple of bears in the area yesterday so I want to avoid the trails around our house, but I guess it doesn't really matter since bears can appear anywhere around where we live.

I'm a little disappointed that I can't do the Whistler Spirit run this weekend and I'm also missing the Trail River Run, which I've done twice. I'm not ready for a half and even the 10k option didn't seem possible. Well, I guess the streets and trails will be a little quieter tomorrow morning as people participate in these events.

On the map now is the Burnaby half in October. I'm aiming for that so we'll see how it goes tomorrow and then I'll go from there. I can't do the Seattle Marathon, as I may have already mentioned, but I will aim for the half, and then try to get in a full marathon next season. Gotta log those miles, or those kilometers.

No comments: